Vanoise Ski Academy – English
A New approach To Ski Training
Up until now France has not had a complete ski training facility for youngsters. By incorporating training, schooling and community life, Vanoise Ski Academy aims to fill that gap and to best prepare young skiers age 12 and up for competitive skiing by providing downhill ski training, physical training and schooling under one roof. To provide not only complete training, but also one of the highest quality training, is Vanoise Ski Academy foundation.
A Relevant Concept
National training of the young elite skier is currently difficult financially as well as poor in outcomes: results are far and few between, ski trainers come and go, and there is little to no physical training. Thus the need for Vanoise Ski Academy. By providing a nurturing environment to a select group of talented young skiers, Vanoise fill the gap. Combining ski training, physical & mental preparation, schooling with the aim of trilingualism, all of the above in an environment where each pupil is individually valued while nurturing a strong sense of community, Vanoise Ski Academy is a solid foundation for performance.
A Proven Concept
Training center in football, tennis or the ones that enabled Miller, Vonn, Shiffrin or Ligety to reach excellence, have a proven track record. Group dynamic in those training center is very efficient. They are enabling athletes to develop to the fullest. More than mere training center, they represent a model for cohesive sport policy and a necessary stage for the future champion.
Our only goal is to train youngster to be world leaders. Vanoise Ski Academy aims not only to bring athlete on the podium at the Olympics and World Cup, but also to nurture leaders in all aspect of their adult life.
An Experienced Team
– Ski trainer, physical trainer U12-U14 : Yannick GUERILLOT, 42 years old, university graduate of UFR STAPS Grenoble BESS 2nd degree, physical trainer at elite level, 20 years of downhill skiing training for children, former competitor FIS and European Cup.
– Coach Alpine Skiing and Ski Cross : Marion JOSSERAND, 28 years old, former member of the France team Ski Cross, several podium finishes in World Cup and bronze medalist at the Olympic Games in Vancouver (2010), European Cup level in Alpine.
– Coach Alpine Skiing : Clement TOMAMICHEL, 25-year-old, former runner of Europe Cup and winner of US university circuit. Trainer in skis summer Sarah Schleper camp in Austria
– Physical trainer : Baptiste COSSON, 28 years old, university graduate of UFR STAPS in Grenoble, physical trainer, 7 years experience with children, former competitor FIS.
– Tutor and supervisor : Christian Philippe CROSET, 42 years old, former civil engineer, hold a DEA (master) in mathematics, nurse specialised in child psychology.
Skiers of Exceptional Capabilities
The young skiers are all winners in federal competition of their local area but most have won at least one national competition such as “milles pattes” or “coq d’or”. They are 15 candidates born between 2004 and 2001. Ten will be chosen to start Vanoise Ski Academy.
Bozel, An Exceptional Location
The village of Bozel is at the foot of the greatest ski area in the world but also of smaller ski centers. Not least than 9 training area, two of them Super G, are readily accessible between Courchevel 1550, 1650, 1850, Meribel, Champigny and Pralognan. A lot of run with snowmaking guarantee quality training for the whole of the ski season.
There are a lot of sport facilities to help overall physical preparation: track and field stadium, tennis court, basketball court, handball court, gymnasium and weight training room.
Located at a medium altitude of 850 meters, life is sweet at Bozel: the forest and the little lake provide for a nurturing environment for all!